Thursday, September 27, 2007

The week that was

Do we have the time, the knowledge, or even the interest in understanding or even using new technologies? Personally, its not for me to be wasting large quantities of precious time on them( and let's face it, time is precious!) as I have so much more to do. Sometimes learning something new is like chasing your own tail. Round and round I go but going nowhere until finally I catch it. I'm a bit perplexed though with all these new technological terms that I should be learning. The list of web sites and tools that are becoming more and more heavily used in the workplace and at home are overloading. There is no doubt that Email is convenient, but what has happened to face to face communication? Where has everyone gone? They are all sitting in front of the monitors of the world, buying crap on ebay or talking to some weirdo in "my space".